Thursday, May 26, 2016

HE STRENGTHENS US!

I woke up feeling a heavy burden.  I am in a serious season of decision, and possibly huge change. This has been going on for days.  This morning, I put the Bible to work on it, finally.

This is what I found:

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. (Isaiah 41:10)

Well, easier to read than to do, I will admit that.  So I found this:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope, then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek with your whole heart. (Jer 29:11-13)

Actually, I know that verse very, very well, but it still has a centering and rock like quality of the soundness of God's plan, whether I see it or not.  It makes me remember that I am not responsible for the plan, but for the faith.

So I asked God, what and when?

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (Matt 24:36)

Yes, that is about the second coming, the final redemption of the whole world.  But, if God won't share that timeline with me, it is not so surprising that He is not giving me the minute by minute outline of today.  Not so scary, if you believe, and believe deeply that God has this in hand.

For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)

Then, though I don't know the wheres or whens, I do know the plan is good.  I know that God has me in hand, that He has plans for good, not for evil.  What do I do?  Two things came to me as I searched through my guidebook.

Who is wise and understanding among you?  Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. (James 3:13)

Go be the Christian man you want to be, demonstrate your faith, do not worry about the outcome, God's plan is clear.  Live for Him, love for Him, work for Him.

So if you consider me a partner, welcome him as you would welcome me.  If he has done anything, charge it to me.  I, Paul, am writing this with my own hand.  I will pay it back-not to mention that you owe me your very self.  I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ. (Phil 17-20)

Even though I may feel like I have been wronged, I am not to keep that sense.  It defeats my goals and blocks my clear feeling of being with Christ.  Even if they owe me consideration for what I have done, or not done, stop keeping the account.  That belongs to God.  Live with my books balanced and a blessing to give, instead of a curse to stew on.

Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.  (Hebrews 13:1)

Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account.  Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.  (Hebrews 13:17)

Stop!  Stop being angry, disturbed, beset, trespassed against.  Ask for forgiveness for your trespasses, and adhere to the Word.  Give good for bad, love for good and praise for all.  Because, finally:

Rejoice evermore.  Pray without ceasing.  In everything give thanks. (1 Thes 5:16-18)

Hope this touches something in you, and makes you feel ready to conquer your challenges.  Because in Christ, we can do all things.  HE STRENGTHENS US!  We don't have to find the strength, we have to find the faith, and acknowledge our LORD!  I, me, myself, do not have burdens that I carried so long last night in turmoil.  The needs are known, and already granted me in faith.

I just have to go do what I ought, because of who I belong to; and give thanks, praise and worship.  Instead of dragging myself to the situation, I will rejoice through it, because I know.  I know who I am, and whose name is written on my heart.  There is nothing that will change that ever, and this is temporary and not worthy of my anxiety.

Hope there is a blessing here for you, it has humbled my soul and heart as I have written it.

GLYASDI

No comments:

Post a Comment