Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanks

Just a simple list, because I have no way to catalog it all.

My wife, who has brought me happiness, joy, comfort, peace and healing.  Beyond my best friend, she is the half of my soul that I like best.

My children, those that are ours, those that are adopted, those that are in relationships with ours, all of you.  You are why we do all that we do, so that we can continue to watch you grow and know that our lives have had meaning.  Emma, Tara, Kasey, Caleb, Josh, Hannah, and all the rest that have been deeply involved in our lives, you bring us the greatest joy and the greatest hope.

My father, whose strength and love have sustained me through everything I have faced.  I hope that I somehow become the loving and caring man that he is, and always has been.

My mother, though gone these last years.  I miss her every day, but feel her love every moment.  She is the root of the things that stick in our lives, the connections that never go away in our family.

My brother, who I love and admire.  I hope to have the strength and compassion he embodies.  I am not sure how he does all that he does, but it amazes me and humbles me.

My brothers and sisters from other mothers, Eric, Lizy, Scott, Paul, Kelly, Robert, Alcia, Duane, Michael, Wayne.  You all carry me along, even when you don't realize it.  It is the moments we don't suspect that are the moments we come to treasure.  You own so many of those moments, and I am embarassed at the riches you have given me.

My church because I know how and where and why to worship, and have a church family full of it to partake of it.  

My work because it gives me fulfillment and provides an amazing life for my family.  I pray that I bless the efforts as much as the efforts bless me.

My home, because it is filled with love and joy.  It is our refuge and our safe harbor together.

My Lord and Savior, because it is about Him, and whatever thanks I have, He deserves and more besides.  I have no words to express how much He has blessed me and mine.  But, I am the richest man you know, even if you know Bill Gates.  He could not afford the things of worth in my life, were they for sale.

That is the quick, simple list.  It is not complete, and I have no way to complete a list of all of it.  But, I am so thankful for the ability to see and know that I am blessed.  I am so thankful for the joy in my life.  I am so thankful for the world of wonder and beauty that is given to us all.

And, I am thankful for you.  Even if I have never met you, and you read this, thank you for that connection.  And, I pray today that we all continue to be blessed and know how we are blessed.

Most importantly, God loves you and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment